The Mayo Clinic Healthy Weight for EveryBody is the best book on weight management I have come across yet. If you are looking for a complete guide to get you motivated and informed on how to achieve a healthy weight, then I would highly recommend this book.
Some of the best tips from the book:
- For a quick start to weight loss, simply: 1) Increase the amount of fruits and vegetables you eat, and make them a larger percentage of the total food you eat. 2) Increase your physical activity. Try adding a brisk walking break to your day.
- Focus on health. If you’re only thinking about pounds lost, then you’re missing out on all of the wonderful health benefits of your new lifestyle, like improved energy, uplifted mood, and enhanced physical abilities.
- Use the power of positive thinking. Focus on what you can eat, not what you can’t. Take on the challenge of weight loss with a positive attitude, and you’ll greatly increase your chances of success.
- Keep in mind that tastes are acquired. Eventually, your taste buds will adjust to your new style of eating. You’ll like foods you never thought you would, and you may find some of your old favorites less appealing.
- Develop a plan to overcome obstacles. Use these steps: 1. Identify the problem; 2. Create a list of possible solutions; 3. Pick one and try it!
The book also contains a visual guide to healthy weight based on the Mayo Clinic Healthy Weight Pyramid, an Action Guide to overcome common weight-loss barriers, and a sample 12-week meal plan with recipes and shopping lists.
The Mayo Clinic Healthy Weight for EveryBody is available on Amazon.