This delicious pasta recipe embodies the flavors of spring. I bought the vegetables in this recipe from the local farmer’s market and all other ingredients from Nugget Market. I enjoyed it all week long, served either hot or cold.
- 10-oz whole grain kamut pasta (I used Eden’s Organic. I was very impressed that the color and texture is just like traditional pasta.)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz turkey bacon, diced (I used Applegate’s Organic Nitrate-Free)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 bell pepper, chopped into thin strips
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Percorino-Romano cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Cook the pasta in a large pot as directed. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet. Add the turkey bacon and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, snap peas, broccoli and bell peppers. Cook for 3-4 additional minutes, until the vegetables are bright and crisp.
- Add the pasta along with the reserved pasta water and cheese. Cook until the sauce is thick and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and serve.