This dish is a simple and delicious way to get in lots of veggies. Because you can make it in just one pot, it is easy to make and easy to clean up afterward! Here’s how it’s done:
- All of your favorite vegetables, chopped (here I used eggplant, zucchini, spinach and onion)
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of garbanzo beans (you can also cook them from dried beans, but then you have to use another pot!)
- 1 can of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon garlic
- Spices: 1 Tablespoon curry powder, 1 Tablespoon ground cumin, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, dash of salt and pepper
- 1 cup whole wheat cous-cous or instant brown rice (okay, I actually prepared this in a separate pot and mixed it together afterward. But I’m pretty sure it would work in one pot if you added a little extra water.)
1. Add all ingredients to a large pot, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender!
Note: The key to this recipe is the spices! Feel free to add greater amounts to taste.