I love Nature’s Path Pumpkin Seed Granola, but at $3-4 per box, it was starting to get a little expensive. So, I decided to make my own granola, and it is delish! Here is the recipe:
- 4 cups Old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds or walnuts
- 1/3 cup ground flax seed (I like Bob’s Red Mill, pictured above)
- 1/3 cup wheat germ (I like Kretschmer, pictured right)
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spread granola onto cookie sheet and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until desired crunchiness.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
The result? A delicious and crunchy granola, good enough to give away as a holiday gift!
I like to enjoy my granola on top of plain, fat-free yogurt, with a drizzle of honey and a chopped Fuyu persimmon. Heaven!
Craving more? Click here for more of Nicole’s Healthy Recipes!
This looks good. I am going to make it tonight.