Reading the All Pro Diet inspired me to try to eat more fish. Fish is a great source of healthy omega-3 fatty acids and lean protein. So, the past 2 nights I’ve whipped up 2 different simple and delicious fish dinners, both in under 5 minutes. Here’s how I did it:
I made this recipe using my beloved George Forman Grill. I highly recommend getting one for quick and simple meals! Steps:
- Warm up the George Forman grill
- Sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning on a filet of fresh salmon
- Cook on the grill for 1 minute
- Finish cooking the fish in the microwave. It usually takes about 1 minute, depending on the thickness of the filet. Check to make sure fish is cooked all the way through. Finishing the cooking in the microwave keeps the fish nice and moist!
- While that’s cooking, prepare the spinach using my “20 second spinach” recipe and cook the couscous according to package directions (cooks in 5 minutes).
That’s it! A delicious, date-worthy meal in minutes! I love the way the grill makes the salmon crisp on the outside, warm on the inside.
Tilapia is a mild, white fish. Simmer it in a delicious sauce of your choice, and serve with brown rice or couscous and fresh steamed vegetables. I used Trader Joe’s Eggplant Caponata, which I would give a B-. It was a little too salty/green olivey for me (but if you like green olives—go for it!). Try any simmer sauce that tickles your fancy, such as Indian Korma, Thai Curry, or Mexican salsa. Here’s how it’s done:
- Spray a skillet with canola oil, add your filet of fresh tilapia
- Pour the simmer sauce of your choice all over the fish and cover the skillet with a lid. (Throw in a few veggies too if you like!)
- Simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep fish from sticking.
- Serve with the sides of your choice.
Viola! Even I can’t believe how simple this was!