I felt like such the inspired chef last night when I came home from tennis starving…. only to find that I was out of leftovers! I was just about to run out the door to pick something up, when it hit me—Spicy Peanut Noodles. Granted, I had no recipe and had never tried it before, but I had all the right ingredients. It came out delicious!
- Whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- Cooking oil spray
- Thinly chopped veggies (I used red bell pepper, carrots, purple cabbage, spinach and edamame)
- Dry roasted, unsalted peanuts
- Tofu (optional)
- Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette from Trader Joe’s (pictured) or some other spicy peanut sauce
- Cook pasta according to directions
- Heat oil in skillet. Add veggies, garlic, peanuts and tofu. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring.
- When pasta is done, toss everything together! Add peanut sauce to taste.
Itching for more recipes? Check out my friend Kristen’s Mint Pesto Linguini with Chicken over at Simply Savor!