Here’s a breakfast recipe that is quick, simple and every delicious bite tastes like a fresh fall morning! If you haven’t tried a persimmon before: you really must! I had never tried one until I came to California. Fuyus are my favorite variety. They have a sweet cinnamon flavor, and are ripe when still crisp.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Oatmeal
- 1 banana chopped
- 1 Fuyu persimmon, chopped (or 1 Hachiya persimmon very soft with skin removed)
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin butter (I bought mine at Trader Joe’s)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 Tablespoon hemp protein powder
- Mix dried oatmeal, banana, persimmon, and milk. Heat in the microwave for about 3 minutes if Quick Cooking Oats, longer if Old-Fashioned. Oatmeal should be warm and soft, and fruit should smell sweet and delicious.
- When cooked, stir in pumpkin butter, walnuts, cinnamon and optional ingredients. Enjoy!
Looks great! I had wanted to try a persimmon but had no idea what to do with it.
yuumm that looks amazing!
Pingback: The Persimmon Post « Nicole Geurin, RD
looks amazing! i eat oatmeal every morning, but this would certainly spice it up! thanks
Just made this recipe with a Haychia persimmon! It was even better than using the Fuyu! (To learn the difference between the types, see https://nicolegeurin.wordpress.com/2009/10/12/the-persimmon-post/)
Pingback: 10 Healthy Foods You Can Cook in the Microwave « Nicole Geurin, RD
Pingback: Nicole’s Daily Breakfast | Nicole Geurin, RD