About a year ago, I started eating oatmeal for breakfast. And I haven’t stopped! Oatmeal tastes great and gives you sustained energy throughout the morning. I stick to the same basic recipe, but switch up the fruit to add variety. Here’s what was in my bowl this morning:
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 1 ripe banana, chopped
- 1 white peach, chopped
- ~10 frozen blackberries
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon flaxseed meal (optional)
- Put oatmeal, fruit and milk in a bowl.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes, or until oatmeal is desired consistency.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and flaxseed meal (optional). Stir and enjoy!
Next month, I may start enjoying my Fall Morning Oatmeal recipe again…